Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Can Do It Myself!

While Carter and Jackson were gone to North Carolina, Cooper and I enjoyed some much needed alone time together.  It was so neat to be able to follow him around all day without the demands of his brothers around!  By the end of their visit, though, we were both ready for them to come home!!  One thing that Cooper and I enjoyed was eating together!  Cooper has become quite independent so I finally broke down one morning and let him feed himself oatmeal!  While he has been feeding himself somewhat for a few months now, he had never totally fed himself from a spoon!  Usually he would hold a spoon in his hand while I fed him with another one.  Not so much any more!  Every once in a while he will be lazy and let me feed him-which I love doing-he's growing up so fast so I want to keep him as much of a baby as I possibly can!  Most of the time, he does it himself.  I must say that he does a pretty good job of getting most of the food in his mouth-he really does not like to waste any type of food, especially oatmeal!

Here are some pictures of our big boy eating by himself!

Yummy!  Oatmeal is great!

I think I like the green spoon better!
Open Wide...
I wonder what would happen if I tried putting two spoons in my mouth at the same time?...

No comments: