Thursday, June 26, 2008

VBS 2008

The theme for Vacation Bible School at our church this year was Outrigger Island-Living God's Unshakable Truth. I was given the awesome responsibility of being the Director of the Preschool Department and Brooke once again was the Director of the entire VBS. I must say that things went very well this year and that all of the boys and girls that attended had a lot of fun while learning about God. On Friday night, the boys and girls put on a performance for the parents to show them the songs that they have learned throughout the week and to tell them a little bit of what they have learned. The preschoolers went first and sang three great songs. Jackson was the star of the show! He was definitely filled with the Holy Spirit and was quite a dancer and singer! It was too funny! The school aged children went next and did great with their performance! Carter did great and looked exceptionally cute as well! My how things have changed from the days that I attended VBS at Calvary Baptist. Snacks are more complex than some meals that I fix at home-whatever happened to the little butter cookies that you could stick on your finger like a ring and the red Kool-Aid that was extremely watered down? Holly, do you remember singing "I'm In The Lord's Army" for our final performance one year? It took us all week to learn the motions for that one song! The boys and girls these days really learn so much more during the week than I did when I was little. It is such an Outreach opportunity and also creates wonderful memories for the boys and girls that attend during the week. It is so rewarding to volunteer my time to help lead others to Christ! Here are some pictures from the boys performances:

Jackson shows off his latest Karate/Power Ranger moves during the middle of one of his songs-he was the life of the party, I mean performance!

How sweet is this face? This was taken during a rare moment when he was being still-I think that he was trying to decide what moves to do next!

Carter danced and sang his heart out when it was his turn to perform!

I love this picture-he looks so innocent...

Brotherly Love...Jackson and Carter congratulate each other on a
job well done after the performance!

1 comment:

Scott, Holly, Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret said...

Our VBS theme was Power Lab....I was a little unsure at first, but it turned out to be super cute and a lot of fun. Our VBS is at night, so we do church wide dinners, adults, children, everyone. Guess who's in charge of the meals....that's right, me and Becky! VBS has come a long long way!