OK, so I think we are officially beach bums! We loaded up a couple of weeks ago and headed to the beach once again! This time we went to Panama City Beach and had a great time visiting with Todd's family from Tennessee (this is his mom's side of the family). It's always neat to get to spend time with them as I look at Todd's Aunt Bobbi and think about what a remarkable woman his mother must have been as I am sure that she possessed many of the same wonderful qualities that his aunt does.
Todd was unable to go to the beach when we did as he had to close out his month at work so Ross and Hunter went along to help me out. I had no idea what a blessing that would be when we left Georgia on that Saturday. Ross, Hunter, Cooper and I set out in the minivan following Mack, Carter and Jackson who were in his truck. After only a few stops and some surprisingly well behaved children, we arrived in Panama City at about 6:45 (7:45 our time). We got the envelope to our condo and headed to a local restaurant for dinner. Cooper, Jackson and I left the restaurant before our meal came as they had had enough! We got to the condo only to find that our key was not in the envelope like it should have been. I finally got someone on the phone and then had to wait about 25 minutes for them to bring the key to me. Waiting by myself in a parking lot with two fussy children was NOT fun, but we survived! Mack and the rest of my gang arrived shortly before our keys did and we got everything unloaded and put away. Ross and Hunter stayed with the boys and got them in bed while Mack and I headed out for what we thought would be a quick trip to Wal-Mart for groceries. Two and a half hours later, we were headed back to the condo tired, ill and drained physically and mentally. While we were gone on our adventure, Todd's Aunt Bobbi, Uncle Bruce and Cousin Ashley arrived and were there to greet us when we got back. We unloaded groceries and then headed off to bed.
The next couple of days it rained hard and the boys were going stir crazy. I decided to load everyone up and head out for a day at the movies. Mack thankfully kept Cooper at the condo for his nap while the rest of us headed to see Wall-E. I had some errands to run so Ross and Hunter took Carter and Jackson to see the movie and Ashley and I went out for some marathon shopping-I was on a mission to pick up new bedding and accessories for Mason and Will's new room that is going to be a big surprise to them (I'll save that for another post at another time!).
On Tuesday we were FINALLY able to go to the beach. It was not the greatest experience in the world as the horrible storms had brought some nasty algae, seaweed and jellyfish into the coast. Instead of clear blue water, there was green yuck! My boys hated it and the horrible smell made them sick, literally! Needless to say they spent most of their vacation at the pool. This is where Ross and Hunter were the biggest help. They would stay at the pool with Carter and Jackson and I would stay at the beach with Cooper. They would also take all of the boys in for naps so that I could get some more beach time in! 16 year old nephews are the greatest!!! I did manage to snap a few pictures of my little beach bums on one of the rare occasions that they actually stepped onto the sand. Look for another post about the rest of our time at the beach soon!
Brotherly Love...
Carter looks so thrilled to be having his picture made with Jackson
My Three Angels
Jackson just looks like a surfer dude to me...
I think that it's the dark skin and "I don't care" attitude
Carter really didn't want to have his picture made
He was too concerned about getting to the pool
The Beach Boys ready for some fun in the sun
No comments:
Post a Comment