With a heavy heart, I took Cooper to have his curls cut on Tuesday, May 13th. Mrs. Mildred Palmer (aka Mimi, just not our Mimi) graciously cut his hair for us. Mimi is a very special lady to us. Mimi is Amy Miller's grandmother. Amy is married to Al, who has been like a brother to Brooke and I, so as you can see, we have known her a long time. More importantly, though, Mimi has been one of Cooper's teachers this year. She absolutely loves being with the babies in her class and they love her as well. In fact, the other teacher in there, Ms. Sherri, jokes that the children give her a complex because they don't want her-they all fight over Mimi! Mimi used to cut hair years ago so I asked her if she would do the honors of cutting his curls for the first time. I knew that she would do a great job and have patience with him. I also hoped that he would feel more comfortable with her since he knew her so well and that he might sit still long enough for her to cut it. While Cooper has technically had his hair cut before, it was just a trim of the front of his hair, not his sweet curls. I hated to do it, but lately his sweet curls had turned into a shaggy mess. People were calling him a girl and had Todd said that enough was enough! Aunt Lenetta, aka Honey, went with us to help out as well so that Mommy could make pictures of the monumental event. Mimi did a fabulous job and, with the help of a sucker and several Ritz crackers, my baby was transformed into a little boy. He looks so grown up now! Thank you so much Mimi for being a part of such a big day for us! Here are some pictures of his hair cut!
Cooper waits for Mimi to start cutting his hair

This sucker sure is good!

One last picture of his curls!

Mimi gets ready to cut his hair

Mimi cuts his first curl-no turning back now!

All Done! Our baby is now a little boy! If you look closely you will see some remnants of Ritz cracker on his face! I think he ate a whole stick of crackers before everything was said and done!
1 comment:
I don't know if I could of cut those little locks! What a big boy!!
Post a Comment