I do have to admit that I was a little sad that Todd was out of town for work on my big day but Mama and Brooke made dinner for me and even had a cake that Carter and Jackson really enjoyed eating!
The Saturday following my birthday, Todd had set up an appointment for me to have a massage and then we were to go out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, Seven Gables in Conyers (this is where we had our rehearsal dinner!). Todd really didn't plan for the snowfall that we got that day! I had to go early for my massage so that the spa could close early so that their employees could get home before they got snowed in. For a short time, we didn't know if we would be able to go to dinner or not, but the snow stopped and the roads weren't bad, so we headed to dinner at around 5:00. We had a wonderful meal and decided to go to our good friends house for a "friendly" Wii bowling tournament afterwards. To my surprise, as I walked down the stairs to their basement, shouts of "SURPRISE" filled the air! Todd had coordinated the perfect surprise party! He had the best helpers ever that got everything together for him! Mama, Brooke, Tonya, Kimberly (and Amelia) did a wonderful job getting decorations, food, drinks, and friends together! I was totally shocked, surprised and overwhelmed that so many people came to help me celebrate my special day! I was especially touched that our wonderful friends Jeff and Susan who live in Loganville made the trip because of the snow! Also, it was an extra special time as Kelli Hopkins, who might as well be my other sister and was 9 months pregnant and miserable, was there-it would not have been the same without her!
Everyone had a great time, thanks to Shana bar tending and all! I owe a huge thank you to Tonya and Donnie for opening their beautiful home and allowing Todd to have my party there. Also, another huge thank you to Aunt Lenetta (Honey, as the boys call her), and Ross and Hunter for babysitting that night! Finally, to everyone who came to help celebrate and for those of you who couldn't attend but were with us in spirit, thank you so much! It will truly be a day that I will cherish!
Here's a picture of the sign that hung in my yard announcing that I had indeed turned the Big 3-0!
This is a picture of the cake that Brooke made me for my birthday

Carter and Jackson help me make a wish and blow out my candles

Me in all of my "birthday garb"
The birthday girl and her wonderful husband!!
WHAT A GROUP!
Here is a picture of me and my cupcake cake that Brooke made for me
2 comments:
We hate we were out of town and missed your big 30! It looks like you had a great night! Hope to see you soon!
Nick, Jennifer & Ava
Welcome to the 30 and over club!
Hope you enjoyed your party! I hear snow is in this year for birthdays....just ask Bonnie Kay and Molly Margaret!
Post a Comment