Last week Carter's class had a Kite Day. Todd and I went to the school at 11:00 to participate in Kite Day with him. Since we didn't have a kite, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased several for Carter to choose from. He decided that he wanted to take the Buzz Lightyear kite with him to school. I thought that this was a great choice as the Buzz Lightyear kite was inflatable and I just knew that it would fly well! The other kites that I bought were just "normal" kites that everyone would have! Well, Mommy made a small mistake in not taking the other kites with her to Kite Day and, of course, Carter's kite did not want to fly. As it turns out, the inflatable kites are not the way to go! I was frustrated at myself and upset for Carter that his kite was the only one that didn't fly. He really did well and didn't get upset about it though. Instead he ran around and helped the other boys and girls get their kites off the ground. One little boy in Carter's class realized that Carter's kite wouldn't fly and he came over and asked Carter if he would like to fly his kite for a little while. I was so touched by his kindness as it is hard to share something like a kite at the young age of 4. Carter and Raque took turns flying Raque's Spiderman kite and they had a blast! Here are some pictures from our fun day!
Carter tries, with little success, to fly his kite-this is the highest that it got all day!

Here is a picture of Carter flying Raque's kite

Carter flying Raque's kite! Look how high it is!!

Carter stops flying Raque's kite long enough for me to snap a quick picture!

Another picture of Carter flying Raque's kite-He had so much fun!

Carter and Raque posing with Raque's kite!
No comments:
Post a Comment